Friday, March 23, 2007

Wedding Update

I’ve heard rumors lately that a few Sci Hallers have been making queries about my upcoming nuptials. Let me take this opportunity to say that no, I haven’t forsaken my geography colleagues. In fact, I plan to send out a mass email e-vite to the grads and faculty of Sci Hall within the next week or so. If you’re chomping at the bit and can’t wait that long, check out the wedding site at www.karlaandpaul.com. Feel free to browse the site, where you can learn how I met my bride-to-be, see the schedule of events, marvel at the yuppy-ish engagement pictures, and even sign the guest book. I’d advise you to not RSVP on the site just yet, as we’re still upgrading that.

Here are a few reasons why you should consider attending my wedding on May 19:

*Gather valuable research on the inner social workings of a central Minnesota wedding.
*Marvel at the amazing size of Karla’s German-Catholic family, compared to my very small mixed-blood kin.
*Free food and OPEN BAR.
*St. Cloud has some interesting bedrock geology.
*Develop research ties with faculty and students at St. Cloud State University (lots of cool GIS stuff going on there).
*There are over a dozen bars within walking distance of the hotel.
*Take a gander at upper Mississippi fluvial geomorphology, with some excellent examples of braided island aggradation.
*Garrison Keillor based his Lake Wobegon fables on the region immediately west of St. Cloud.
*See where I grew up!

No comments: